Psychologists In Family MentalPsychologists - A psychologist is a specialist in psychology who focuses on a person's thoughts and behaviour. Psychologists generally use psychotherapy to help clients or patients to overcome problems that affect their mental state and health.
In resolving psychological problems or improving patient behaviour, psychologists can work together with psychiatrists and doctors who handle patients. Collaboration carried out if the patient requires treatment as well as psychotherapy and counselling from a psychologist.
Types of PsychologistsGeneral psychologists can explore different fields of psychology after graduating from a psychology undergraduate education program (S1 or S.Psi). Many areas of psychology can be studied more deeply, including industrial and organisational psychology, child and adult clinical psychology, and educational psychology. After completing further education, psychologists will have a Masters in Psychology (M.Psi).
The following are the types of psychologists:
Industrial psychologists and organisations
Conditions or Problems Treated by PsychologistsPsychologists - Psychologists have in-depth knowledge about prevention, diagnosis, and handling related mental health problems. Also, psychologists can also find out, analyse causes, and provide solutions to psychological problems experienced by a person through changes in attitude or lifestyle. Some types of services and mental disorders that can be handled by psychologists include:
- Anxiety disorders, such as obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD, phobias, panic attacks, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Mood swings or mood disorders
- Addiction or addiction, such as drugs, alcohol, or gambling.
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Schizophrenia or other psychiatric disorders that show hallucinatory psychotic disorders in sufferers.
- Excessive Phobias fear of specific objects or situations.
- Of patients with their spouse, family, friends and other people.
- Psychological disorders which relate to traumatic events
Actions Psychologically PerformedThe following are things that psychologists can do:
Conduct psychological interviews and psychological tests
Psychotherapy or counselling